The PFM-540I is a single board computer based on the AMD Geode LX 800 processor. This low power PC/104 module is versatile product featuring four USB 2.0 ports and two Serial ports. The PFM-540I supports CRT and 18/24-bit TTL LCD panels, PC/104 expansion, and supports up to 1GB of DDR SDRAM.
With a DDR memory capacity up to 1GB, the PFM-540I can run the latest operating
systems, including Linux, RTAI Real-Time Linux, Microsoft Windows XP/XPE,
WinCE, and DOS 6.22. A CompactFlash socket supports Type
I/II CompactFlash Cards, which can be used to eliminate the use of fragile hard
disks, increasing reliability in harsh environments. Four USB 2.0 ports are
available as well as one parallel port (SPP/EPP/ECP modes) and 2 high speed
serial ports (RS-232 and RS-232/422/485).
Unlike other high-end PC/104 SBCs, the PFM-540I maintains the true PC/104 standard and does not require “wings”. The PFM-540I gives developers a low power, high performing platform that can fit into the tightest places. PC/104 expansion allows features to be quickly added using any of EMAC’s many PC/104 expansion modules.
With its industrial grade reliability, the PFM-540I can operate continuously at temperatures up to 140º F (60º C) without a fan. A wider temperature version (-40º to 85ºC) is an option. The numerous features provide an ideal price/performance solution for high-end, low cost commercial and industrial applications where stability and reliability (no moving parts) are essential.
Standard SBC Functions
- CPU: AMD Geode LX800 Fanless 500 Mhz Processor
- Chipset: AMD LX800 + CS5536
- BIOS: Phoenix-Award PnP Flash BIOS
- SDRAM Memory:
- 540I: One 200-pin SODIMM up to 1GB DDR SDRAM
- 541I: 256MB DDR On-Board
- One 200-pin SODIMM up to 1GB DDR SDRAM
- IDE Interface: One 44-pin Ultra DMA 33, supports 2 IDE devices
- Floppy Interface: One floppy disk drive connector
- Serial Ports:
- 540I-A: Two high speed COM ports, one RS-232 & one RS-232/422/485 port
- 540I-B: Four high speed COM ports, three RS-232 & one RS-232/422/485 port
- 541I-A: Four high speed COM ports, three RS-232 & one RS-232/422/485 port
- Parallel Port: Supports SPP, EPP, and ECP modes (540I only)
- USB Ports: Four onboard USB 2.0 ports
- Watchdog Timer: 255 level system reset
- Keyboard and Mouse Connectors: One PS/2 keyboard and
one PS/2 mouse
- Chipset: AMD Geode LX800 CPU integrated VGA controller with 2D engine.
- Video Memory: Supports up to 64 MB (shared) memory
- Display Type: Flat Panel and CRT displays
- Resolution: Up to 1280 x 1024
- LCD Interface:
- 540I: 18/24-bit TTL
- 541I: 18/24-bit TTL
- 540I-A: Realtek RTL8139DL 10/100 BaseT
- 540I-B: Intel 82551 10/100 BaseT
- 541I: Dual Realtek RTL8139DL 10/100 BaseT
Solid State Disk
- One CompactFlash socket supports Type II CompactFlash
- PC/104 (8/16-bit ISA) (limited ISA bus support)
Mechanical and Environmental
- Power Requirements: +5 V @ 1.9 A (typical)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C)
- Optional -40 to 175°F (-40 to 85°C)
- Operating Humidity : 0-90% non-condensing
- Board Dimensions: 3.5" x 3.8" (90 mm x 96 mm)
- Board Weight: 0.4 lbs. (0.11 kg)
Operating System Compatibility
- Linux & RTAI Real-Time Linux
- Microsoft Windows XP / XPE
- Microsoft Windows CE /CE.net
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 & RomDos 6.22
- 540I-A: 2 - RS232 DB9 Serial, CRT VGA video, RJ45 Ethernet, PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Adapter Y cable, Dual USB bracket, 44 pin IDE, Parallel port and Floppy disk cable.
- 540I-B: CRT VGA video, PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Adapter Y cable, Dual USB bracket and 44 pin IDE
- 540I-BC: 4 - RS232 DB9 Serial, CRT VGA video, RJ45 Ethernet, PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Adapter Y cable, Dual USB bracket, 44 pin IDE and Parallel port.
- 541I-A: CRT VGA video, PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Adapter Y cable, Dual USB bracket and 44 pin IDE.
- 541IW-A: CRT VGA video, PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Adapter Y cable, Dual USB bracket and 44 pin IDE.