The VDX2-6554 PC/104 family of embedded controller is designed with backward compatibility in mind, to provide migration path for projects facing end-of-life challenges with their existing x86 based PC/104 controller. The VDX2-6554 family of controller is designed as a plug in replacement, with backward compatibility to support legacy software to help extend existing product life cycle without heavy re-engineering.
The SBC-8106 form factor is ideal for compact PC applications. Due to its small size (100 x 72mm) it’s easily integrated into virtually any system with severe space constraints and/or thermal restrictions, where other form factor simply will not fi t the requirements. The compact size of SBC-8106 gives the board a unique advantage over traditional PC based motherboards like the mITX or Flex to become the preferred choice in any compact applications. The industry target for smaller size and lower power plays a bigger role these days. The pITX form factor is becoming more popular due to its increasing performance and substantial range of connectivity options, while still maintaining its compact size and low power consumption. Not only are SBC-8106 compact in size, but it also offers leading edge CPU and GPU performance with the next generation Intel® Atom™ System on Chip (SoC) and a large variety of high-speed interfaces.
The VDX-6354 utilizes an onboard Vortex86DX Fanless 800MHz processor built for Low Power Consumption. The processor is highly integrated so that it reduces the price of any board utilizing this processor. Unlike other PC/104 SBCs the VDX-6354 maintains the true PC/104 standard form-factor and does not require “wings”. The VDX-6354 is available with an optional PC/104+ bus which allows it to access higher end PCI bus based modules. **Flash Disk not included.**
WES 7 - Windows Embedded Standard 7
Windows Embedded Standard 7 is the next generation platform in the product family that includes Windows XP Embedded and Windows Embedded Standard 2009. Windows Embedded Standard 7 delivers the power, familiarity and reliability of the Windows 7 operating system in a highly customizable and componentized form, enabling OEMs in retail, hospitality and other markets to focus on their core competencies and create product differentiation. By default you get compatibility with Win32 and .NET applications and integration with Microsoft Enterprise Server and tools. Windows Embedded Standard 7 can be deployed to off-the-shelf hardware and drivers, and the platform supports x86 and x64.
Reduce development costs using embedded features
• VHD boot, Hibernate Once Resume Many (HORM), custom shell support, OEM branding experience, notification, and popup suppression
• SD Boot with Windows Embedded Standard SP1, allows OEMs to deploy images to an SD Card, decreasing hardware costs
• Enhanced Write Filter, File Based Write Filter, AppLocker, and BitLocker allow you to lock down the device
Develop energy saving solutions through smart power management
• Offers smart power management APIs for developers to build applications that can improve the idle time on the CPU
Access the latest Windows desktop technology innovations
• Security enhanced browser; Internet Explorer 8.0, enhanced media experience; Windows Media Player 12, improved client server experience with RemoteFx; Remote Desktop Protocol 7.1, and the latest .NET Framework Increase interoperability and seamless experience for client/server scenarios
• Access a server-based infrastructure like Remote Desktop Services or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) on a hypervisor
WES7 datasheet, and licensing infomration
Datasheet : Link
Windows Embedded Standard 7 is available in three licensing options: (32 bit or 64 bit)
- WS7C: Designed exclusively for connected media devices in the consumer market suchas networked TVs, set top boxes, and DVD players.
- WS7E: Designed to enable next generation enterprise class devices such as thin clients,multifunction printers, MRI machines, and other device categories.
- WS7P: Designed to enable high-end enterprise and consumer class devices like digitalsigns, kiosks, and other device categories.
To find out which is best for your device, visit: www.windowsembedded.com/standard
The embedded device must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- 1 GHz x86 or amd64 processor with 900 mhz speed or equivalent
- 512 MB of system memory (1GB recommended for amd64)
- 1 GB free space on hard disk drive (HDD) or flash-based Solid State Drive (SSD) (4 GB recommended)
- At least one of the following bootable media types:
- Bootable DVD-ROM drive
- Bootable USB 2.0 port and a USB Flash Drive (UFD) with 4 GB of free space, or access to a local network
- BIOS Supporting Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) 3.0
|S7000-NOL-00020||Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) & License SOLD ONLY WITH HARD DRIVE OR FLASH DRIVE MEDIA||$125.00|