Setting up a Panel PC can be a Puzzling experience. However, when purchased with an Operating System and flash disk, the PPC-E7
Compact Panel PC comes ready to run. Apply power and watch either the Linux X Windows or the
Windows CE User Interface appear on the vivid color LCD. Interact with
the PPC-E7 using the responsive integrated touchscreen. Everything works
out of the box, allowing you to concentrate on your application, rather
than building and configuring device drivers. Just Write-It and Run-It.
- Cirrus ARM9 EP9307 200Mhz Fanless Low Power Processor
- MaverickCrunch Hardware Floating Point Math Coprocessor
- Inexpensive Open-Frame Design
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet with on-board PHY
- 3 Serial ports with handshake
- 3 USB 2.0 (Full Speed) Host ports
- Up to 128 MB of SDRAM
- Up to 64 MB of Flash
- 128K Bytes of Serial Flash
- Battery backed Real Time Clock
- SD/MMC Flash Card Interface
- 1 SPI port
- 1 I2S Audio port with Line-In/Line-Out
- Timer/Counters and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) ports
- 4 Channel 12-bit Analog-to-Digital converter
- Graphic LCD Interface with 2D acceleration
- WVGA (800 x 480) Resolution with LED Backlight
- Touchscreen Interface and Software Controlled Backlight On/Off & Brightness
- JTAG for debug, including real-time trace
- FREE Eclipse IDE with GCC & GDB development tools
- WinCE 6.0 BSP and SDK available
The Linux build for the PPC-E7 is based on the OpenEmbedded Linux build system. The current kernel is Linux 2.6.20 or higher patched to support the PPC-E7.
The basic root filesystem includes:
- X Windows (Kdrive X Server 1.4 or higher)
- Matchbox Windows Manager
- Busybox 1.7.2 or higher
- Hotplugging support
- Dropbear SSH server
- Telnet/FTP support running under inetd
- busybox-httpd HTTP server
- JFFS2 filesystem with utilities
- many other utilities
- Optional Minimo (Mozilla/Firefox based) Brower (requires 64MB version)
- Optional Qt graphics package
Custom Linux builds are also available on request.
EMAC provides a Free Eclipse IDE that is pre-integrated to provide everything the user needs for developing PPC-E7 applications. All the compiling, converting and downloading inherent to development can be done from one easy to use high level interface. The distribution provides an SDK for the EMAC PPC-E7 which contains source examples and Device Drivers.
The EMAC Eclipse IDE is a powerful, yet flexible Integrated Development Environment for the PPC-E7 and even features SVN version control support. For a screen shot of EMAC's Linux Eclipse based Development Environment click here.
The PPC-E7 can use most of the EMAC's standard Linux Modules including the Php, SQLite and Lighttpd web server modules. For a listing of these module see our Embedded Linux Operating Systems Page.
Linux Development Software
- Bootloader: Resident Flash Bootloader (Redboot)
- Operating System: Linux
- Programming Languages: GNU GCC C compiler GDB Debugger
- Networking: Full resident TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated Development Environment: Eclipse 3.3 or higher
- Drivers: Serial RS232/422/485, Ethernet, USB, Hardware SPI, Audio, Video, Touchscreen, Multi-Media Card/Secure Digital (MMC/SD), A/D, PWM, and GPIO.
- Applications: Ash shell , Telnet Server, FTP Server, Web Server, and Test Programs
- Optional Qt
Standard Panel PC Functions
- CPU: Embedded Cirrus EP9307 processor running at 200 MHz with Hardware Floating Point Math Engine
- Flash: 32 MB External NOR Intel P30 Flash & 128K of utility serial Flash.
- RAM: 32 MB 100 MHz SDRAM.
- Video: 2D Accelerated Video Interface
- Touchscreen: 12-Bit, 4 wire analog resistive Touchscreen
- Flash Disk: SPI serial HCSD/MMC interface.
- System Reset: Supervisor with external Reset Button provision.
- RTC: Battery backed Real Time Clock/Calendar.
- Timers: 2, general purpose 16-bit, 1 32-bit timer, & 2 16-bit PWMs.
- Watchdog Timer: Reset-on-Timeout
- Analog I/O: 4 channel, 12-bit Analog-to-Digital converter (ADC)
- GPIO: 22 Programmable 3.3V I/O lines
- Expansion: Provison for PCD-E12 I/O module
- UARTS: 2 serial RS232 serial ports with handshaking & 1 RS232/422/485 with Auto RS485
SPI: High-Speed SPI ports with Chip Selects.
- Audio: I2S Synchronous Serial Controller with analog interface support
- USB: 3 USB 2.0 Full Speed Hosts
- Display Type: 7" TFT Color LCD
- Resolution: 800 x 480 WVGA @ 256K Colors
- Dot pitch: 0.19mm x 0.19mm
- Luminance: 330 (cd/m²)
- Viewing Angle: 55°
- Brightness: Software controlled
- Backlight: White LED (33 LEDS)
- Type: 4 Wire Analog Resistive
- Resolution: Continuous
- Controller: Built-In
- Driver: WinCE, Linux
- Durability: Over one million touches
- Ethernet MAC: Built-In
- Ethernet PHY: Intel/Cortina LXT927ALC with software PHY shutdown control
- Ethernet Type: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet
- Ethernet Interface: On-Board RJ-45 connector
Solid State Disk
- Supports: SPI serial HCSD/MMC interface up to 8+ GB Flash Disk
Mechanical and Environmental
- Dimensions: 7.55" L x 4.15" W x 1.5" H
- Weight: 1.06 lbs.
- Power Supply Voltage: +12 to +26 Vdc.
- Power Consumption: typical ~200 ma. @ 24 Vdc.
- Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50° C (32 ~ 122° F)